Call steps allow you to trigger automated outbound calls, or call tasks to prospects or customers in your sequence. This article provides a detailed overview of how to create call steps.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- Select Automations from the hamburger menu on the side navigation
- On the Automations page, in the sequence tab, select the sequence you'd like to add a call step to. You can quickly create a new sequence if you don't have any currently running.
- Next, click on the Add step dropdown on the top-right corner of the page, then select Call step. OR click on the Add call step button on the action bar at the bottom of the page.
- This will open up a multi-step slide out with Configuration, Caller ID & Routing, and Script tabs.
In the title field, enter a title for this step in the sequence. E.g. Call follow-up
Select your preferred dialing mode from the dropdown menu. There are two dialing options available; Automated or Manual.
- Manual/Preview Dialing As the name implies, this dialing mode requires your team members to manually initiate the campaign calls one after another. This gives your rep more time to wrap up any conversations and log their notes appropriately
- Automated/Power Dialing In this mode, when an agent finishes a call, the power dialer will automatically dial the next contact on campaign the list. This optimizes your teams' speed and output by eliminating the need for each rep to manually trigger the next call in the queue
Daily Start Count
- Per Day: This option lets you put a cap on the number of contacts that will be added to the step each day. For example, suppose your audience consists of a thousand prospects, but you only want to call 100 prospects per day, simply select the Per day option and specify the maximum number of contacts you want to call per day.
- Unlimited This option adds everyone in your audience to the step at the same time subject to the availability of your Reps and the specified call window/cut-off time for the campaign each day.
Select Preferred Call Window
- Any day at any time: As the name implies, selecting this option will result in the call campaigns being triggered at any time during the day that you specify.
Custom day and time: With this option, you can specify the day(s) and time of the day when you want the campaign to be triggered. To configure this option, follow these steps:
- Click on the Custom day and time radio button
- Choose a day of the week e.g. Monday, then click + Add new time block link
- Set the start and end times for the call campaign step. Please keep in mind that you can add numerous time blocks to each day. E.g. 9am - 12noon, then 1pm - 5pm. This example leaves a 1-hour gap to mirror a typical work schedule
- Repeat these steps for Tuesday through Friday to set up time blocks for the entire work week.
- Next, select a timezone for the campaign to run in. Ideally, you want to select the timezone that best fits the location of your audience so that calls are triggered at an appropriate time during the day.
Exit Sequence Depending on Call Disposition
Caller ID & Routing Tab
- Multiple numbers or number groups can be added to a call campaign.
- Ensure that the phone numbers or number group you've selected for this campaign is assigned to you or the team/team members that will be making the campaign calls
- First come, first serve With this routing option, the calls will be routed to your team members based on their availability. Learn more about team member statuses here
- Split Evenly This routing option distributes calls evenly across the team members assigned to the sequence. For example, if you have 100 contacts to call in this campaign, with 5 teammates assigned to this sequence, each team member will be assigned 20 contacts to call.
Note: You can only select the First come, first serve routing option if the sequence has been set to manual calling mode. By default, the Automated dialing mode is restricted to the split evenly routing option.
- Toggle on the Playbook option
- Click the + Add Playbook Field button
- Enter a field label. Your field label is the question you would like your agents to ask your contacts during the call. For example, “How did you hear about us?” etc. If you want this to be a required field, click the Set field as required checkbox
- Next, click on the dropdown menu and select a data type for the field. For example, if the field label is Age the appropriate data type should be Number.
- To add multiple playbook fields repeat steps 2-4.