Follow the steps below to get started:
- Select Automations from the hamburger menu on the side navigation
- On the Automations page, in the sequence tab, select the sequence you'd like to add an SMS step to. You can quickly create a new sequence if you don't have any currently running.
- Next, click on the Add step dropdown on the top-right corner of the page, then select SMS step. OR click on the Add SMS step button on the action bar at the bottom of the page.
- This will open up a multi-step slide out with Configuration, Number & Routing, and Message tabs.
Specify a time interval before the sms or sms task is triggered for your Reps
Manual Texting As the name implies, this texting mode requires your team members to manually send the campaign messages to your prospects or customers. So when an SMS step is due, an SMS task will appear in the assigned reps task tab, and they will be responsible for clicking the “Send” button to deliver the messages to your audience.
Automated Texting This mode lets you send bulk SMS messages with less effort. The campaign messages will be sent to your audience automatically when triggered by a specified date, event, or contact activity that you select.
Daily Start Count
- Per Day: This option lets you put a cap on the number of contacts that will be added to the step each day. For example, suppose your audience consists of a thousand prospects, but you only want to send messages to 100 prospects per day, simply select the Per day option and specify the maximum number of contacts you want to text per day.
- Unlimited This option adds everyone in your audience to the step at the same time subject to the availability of your Reps and the specified texting window/cut-off time for the campaign each day.
Select Preferred Texting Window
- Any day at any time: As the name implies, selecting this option will result in the SMS campaigns being triggered at any time during the day that you specify.
Custom day and time: With this option, you can specify the day(s) and time of the day when you want the campaign to be triggered. To configure this option, follow these steps:
- Click on the Custom day and time radio button
- Choose a day of the week e.g. Monday, then click + Add new time block link
- Set the start and end times for the call campaign step. Please keep in mind that you can add numerous time blocks to each day. E.g. 9am - 12noon, then 1pm - 5pm. This example leaves a 1-hour gap to mirror a typical work schedule
- Repeat these steps for Tuesday through Friday to set up time blocks for the entire work week.
- Next, select a timezone for the campaign to run in. Ideally, you want to select the timezone that best fits the location of your audience so that messages are sent at an appropriate time during the day.
Exit from sequence if SMS response is received
Enter a time frame within which, if a response is received from the contact, it can be considered as a response to the SMS campaign that was sent. A 1-day default is set for attribution, to change this, simply enter your preferred amount of time in the space provided and click on the dropdown next to it to select a unit of time.
Number and Routing Tab
- Multiple numbers or number groups can be added to an SMS campaign.
- Ensure that the phone numbers or number group you've selected for this campaign is assigned to you or the team/team members that will be sending the SMS campaign messages.
- First come, first serve With this routing option, the SMS messages will be routed to your team members based on their availability.
- Split Evenly This routing option distributes the SMS messages evenly across the team members assigned to the sequence. For example, if you have 100 contacts to text in this campaign, with 5 teammates assigned to this sequence, each team member will be given 20 contacts to text.
- Last Source Select this option if you want the SMS campaign to be sent using the phone number most recently used to contact the prospect
- Last Team Member Select this option if you want the SMS campaign message to be assigned to the team member who most recently communicated with the prospect.
- In your composer, draft up your message, including any variables if needed.
- Once you’re done, click Save.