A sequence in Distrobird is a series of emails, calls, and/or text messages that is sent automatically to a prospect, user, or customer over a specified time interval until the desired action is taken by the prospect (e.g. demo is booked) or the sequence has reached its final step.
In this article, we’ll go over the steps to creating a sequence from scratch.
Here are some common use cases for sequences:
- Creating a lead nurturing sequence that runs until a customer replies or books a demo with your sales team.
- Setting up a new customer onboarding sequence to give your customers all the information they need to get started and keep them engaged.
- Establishing an abandoned cart email sequence to win back customers, etc.
How to Create a Sequence
- Select Automations from the hamburger menu.
- From the top right corner of the page, click the Create Sequence button; this will open a pop-up window/modal. Next, fill in the required details on the modal
- Start by giving your sequence a name in the Name field.
- Next, select your sequence type. The options available are:
- Personal- This sequence is created for only you and you will be the sole partici
In this tab, give the sequence a name and a description(optional), then click Continue.
Your audience consists of the contacts or prospects you want to add to the sequence. You can add contacts to your sequence in the following ways:
- Add Contacts From an Existing Group or Segment To add contacts from a previously created group or segment, click on the dropdown menu and select the desired group or segment.
- Add Single Person Search for the contact you'd like to add to the sequence by name, email address, or phone number to add them one at a time.
- Add New Contacts Your audience may also include new contacts who don't currently exist in Distrobird. To add a new contact, click + Add new person and enter the new contact's details.
- Import Contacts From a CSV File You can also import a CSV file containing a list of all the contacts you want to include in the sequence. Click on the Import CSV button and follow the steps on your screen to import contacts directly into a sequence. You can find a detailed step-by-step guide on how to import contacts from a CSV file here(link).
Once you’ve finished adding contacts to the sequence, click Continue.
In this tab, you can exclude specific contacts from receiving campaigns, such as:
- Contacts who are in another sequence
- Contacts who may have previously received the sequence you're creating
- Contacts on your Do-Not-Contact list
- Contacts who are already in this sequence
To exclude contacts from a sequence, scroll through the exclusion choices and toggle the option you want to enable. If you still want to include specific contacts from the exclusion list in the sequence, click the include button, and the selected contacts will be kept in the sequence.
In this tab, assign the sequence to yourself or other teammates/teams. To do this, choose a team or teammate to participate in the sequence from the drop-down menu.
Kudos! Now that your sequence has been set up, the next task is to create your email, SMS or call campaign steps.