Setting up a message routing system allows team leads to specify how inbound messages from a team inbox should be routed to team members.
Follow these steps to set up a team’s message routing system:
- On your team’s settings page, navigate to the Email Inboxes section and click on the Edit button next to the inbox you want to set message routing for. This will open up the Email Settings slideout with General and Preferences tabs.
- On the Email settings slideout, in the General tab, scroll to the Routing options section to set your message routing.
Available Routing Options
This option directs an incoming message to the team member who has not received a message in the longest period of time.
This option routes messages to team members based on your set order. For example, you can set an order where team member A comes before B and C, and then all incoming messages will be routed to A as long as they are available. If A is unavailable to respond to the message, it will be passed on to the next person in line, who is B, and so on.
To configure this routing option follow these steps:
- Select Fixed Order and click Set/edit order
- Drag and drop the names of your teammates in the desired order.
- Once you’re done, click Save and continue.
Once you've set your message routing system, click Next at the bottom of the slideout to save your changes.
If you have additional questions regarding message routing in Distrobird, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; a member of our team will be happy to respond to your questions and resolve any issues you might be experiencing.