- Select Widget from the hamburger menu on the side navigation.
- On your Widgets page, click on the Create New Widget button at the top-right corner of your screen. This will open up the create widget modal.
- In the Widget Name field, enter a name for the widget you want to create.
- In the Website URL field, enter the URL of the website you want to attach the widget to, then click Create Widget. This will take you to your new widget's settings page.
- On the widget settings page, a code snippet will be provided. You are required to install the code snippet into your website before you'd be able to configure the widget. This can be achieved in two ways;
- If you have access to your website’s HTML, click on the “Copy code” button, then paste the code you have copied right before the </Head> tag and save your changes.
- If you would like to delegate this to someone else on your team, click on the Send to teammate button, enter your teammate's email address and send.
- After installing the code, you can run a test by clicking on the Test installation button to ensure that the widget has been successfully installed. You can also check your Site Widgets index page to view the installation status of the widget.
Once the widget has been successfully installed, site tracking will be active and you will be able to view your site visit history on your contacts page. Messages from the widget will be assigned to your Everyone team by default. If you would like to reassign the messages to another team, you can find out how to do so here.