Teams in Distrobird are used to encapsulate customer-facing roles within your organization. For example; inbound sales, support, and customer success are examples of teams that can be enabled within your Distrobird account. Users can belong to a single team or work across multiple teams.
Each team manages its own channels, including phone numbers, web chat messages, inbound call configuration, shared email inboxes for collaboration, and office hours. As an admin, the channels and features you enable for a specific team will depend on their responsibilities; for example; an email-only customer support team can be assigned a shared support@ inbox; messages sent to this address will be routed and assigned to reps based on your preferred routing rules.
The following teams have already been created for you by default: Customer Success Team, Support Team, Sales Team, and a General Team. To make your own custom teams, follow this simple step-by-step guide:
Your team has been created.
Now that you have created a team, invite teammates to start collaborating. Here’s how:
- On your Teams page, click on the edit icon on the row of the team you wish to add members to. This will open the Edit team slideout.
- Next, click on the Add team members dropdown and select members to add to the team.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
Here’s another way you could add members to a team
- On the Teams page, select the team you’d like to add teammates to. This will open up the selected team's settings page.
- On the team's settings page, click on the Add Members button at the top right corner of the page.
- Next, click on the Choose members dropdown and select team members to add to the team. Note: you can select multiple team members here.
Removing Members from a Team
Deleting a Team
- From your Teams index page, click the actions icon on the row of the team you would like to delete. Select Delete from the dropdown menu
- You can transfer conversations and content from the team you want to delete to another team or team member. Select the team or team member from the dropdown menu to do this. Or search for them by name or email address. Note: This is optional, if you choose not to transfer the data from the team you’re deleting, the data is transferred to the default General team
The only team that cannot be deleted from the Distrobird dashboard is the default General team which includes every person within your organization.
To edit details of a team such as a team's name, timezone, and even team members, follow these steps:
- On your Teams page, click on the edit icon on the row of the team you wish to make edits to.
- On the Edit team slideout, make your desired changes and click Save.
Check out this article to learn how to configure your team's channels and office hours.