In this article, we’ll go over the steps of creating a sequence from scratch. With the sequences tool in Distrobird, you can send a series of emails, phone calls and text messages in specified time gaps to drive deeper engagement with your contacts.
Follow these steps to create a sequence:
- Click the Create Sequence button located in the top right corner of the Automations page.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the sequence.
- Next, select your Sequence type the options available are:
- Personal- Only the creator will be able to view and participate in this sequence type.
- Team- In a team sequence, you will work with other team members to carry out the sequence.
- Click on the Assign team to sequence dropdown to select a team to assign the sequence to. Note: This option will only be available if you're creating a team sequence.
- Then, in the Description field, enter a description of the sequence and click Continue.
To exclude a group of contacts from the sequence, such as those who are already in a sequence, those on your DNC list, and so on, scroll through the exclusions options and toggle on an option you want to exclude from the sequence, then click Finish.
Once the sequence has been successfully created, you can now add email, sms or call steps to it.
If you have additional questions regarding creating sequences, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; a member of our team will be happy to respond to your questions and resolve any issues you might be experiencing.